Gomathi Shiva is a self-taught artist from India. She has participated in many National and International exhibitions across the UAE, India, Sri Lanka and China. Gomathi has gained tremendous knowledge and experience owing to the local and international exposure. Her paintings are influenced by art, nature, culture and are an attempt to portray emotions that connect and touch the lives of people. The artist has also been doing customized paintings, portrait paintings and sketching as required to suit the needs of the customers / art enthusiasts, however, Hyperrealism Oil paintings are her forte.
“I believe in fearless, honest and subtle expressionism to celebrate the power of emotions”
Painting has always been the way in which I express myself; show the world what I see and what I feel. Oddly, I feel more at ease expressing the deepest layer of my thoughts through paintings than through words. As an artist from India and being a true wanderlust at heart, I have had the pleasure to meet and interact with many people with differing thoughts, opinions, beliefs and faith. It is this exposure coupled with my own thoughts and ideas that I express through colors in my paintings.
1. ONE OF THE TOP 10 FINALISTS, Emerging Artist Competition organized by World Art Dubai. Additionally, my painting was chosen to be displayed at World Art Dubai, Dubai World Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (3rd – 6th April 2019).
2. SILVER AWARD, Best Artist Category, 5th Edition, Kalaa Spandan Art Fair, (23rd – 26th November 2018).
3. FINALIST, Painting Category, The Global Art Awards, (21st November 2018).
4. FINALIST, Best New Comer Category, The Global Art Awards, (17th November 2017).
5. FINALIST, Portrait Category, The Global Art Awards, (17th November 2017).
6. FINALIST, Conceptual Art, The Global Art Awards, (17th November 2017).
1. Indian Art Festival, Worli, 2020 (Solo Exhibition).
2. Jaipur Art Expo, Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur, 2019.
3. Divyaman Studio and Gallery, Noida, 2019.
4. Kala Spandan, Mumbai, 2019
5. Kalasapandan Art Exhibition, Worli, Mumbai 2018 (Solo Exhibition).
6. The Capital Group Art Exhibition, Artizen Art Gallery, Delhi, 2018.
7. Vinnyasa Gallery Chennai, Affordable Art Exhibition, Chennai, 2016 and 2015.
8. Indian Art Exhibition, Worli, Mumbai 2014.
9. Enlightenment International Art Exhibition, Colombo, 2019.
10. 3rd International and National Art Exhibition, J.D.A Pereira Art Gallery, Colombo, 2018.
11. Shorong Art Group Exhibition, Nugegoda, 2018.
12. Nepal Art Festival, Kathmandu, 2019.
13. Shanghai International Art Fair, National Exhibition and Convention Centre. Shanghai, 2019 (Solo Exhibition).
E. UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI, SHARJAH)
14. World Art Dubai Exhibition, Dubai World Trade Centre, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2015.
15. Women’s Empowerment Art Exhibition, Arab Cultural Centre, Sharjah, 2018.
16. International Women’s day Exhibition, Sheraton, Sharjah, 2018.
17. Touch of Heritage, Manarat Al Sadiyat, Abu Dhabi, 2017.
18. Cartoon Art Gallery, Dubai 2016 and 2017
19. Affordable Art Exhibition, Abu Dhabi, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.
20. AD Arts Collective Show, National Theatre, Abu Dhabi, 2014.
F. LIVE PAINTING EVENTS (INDIA AND UNITED ARAB EMIRATES)
21. Live painting event, National UAE Art Festival, celebrating Vision of Zayed at Queen Elizabeth 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 2018.
22. Live painting event, at Sharjah Beach Resort and Spa, Sharjah, 2018.
23. Live painting event SME World Summit at Atlantis, the Palm, Dubai, 2016.
24. Live painting event, YMCA grounds, Chennai, 2016.
PRESS AND PUBLICATIONS
Khaleej Times Wknd Magazine (October 11, 2019 Issue) featuring my interview on my artistic journey and my painting Contemporary Mermaid, United Arab Emirates.
Delhi Times (May 28, 2018 Issue) elaborating about my participation in Artizen Art Gallery ‘The Capital’, International Group Art Exhibition at Delhi, India.